Friday, January 28, 2005

Blog Marketing, Awards, Great Advertising, and Simple to Create Demos

So it's always nice to see that other people believe your product is a good one.
Omea Pro 1.0 has been nominated as a finalist for the SD Magazine's annual Jolt Product Excellence Awards. I guess on March 16th I'll find out just how good other people believe it to be, when they host the Awards Ceremony in Santa Clara California at SD West.

I've been thinking about creating some really simple, easy-to-understand demos for people who aren't tech junkies recently, and one of my colleagues pointed me in the direction of Camtasia Studio 2.1. (Thanks Rob!) Now, as far as I can see, this is a pretty cool product that allows you to capture video from your screen, as well as your voice-over, so that you can guide users through the steps of using your software. I haven't given it a shot yet, but i'll be doing it over the next month or so; once we get the strategy debates/cage matches out of the way, and all the blood is cleared up.

As I promised in my first posting, I'm going to talk a bit about some examples of really good marketing out there. EatMail.tv is a cool site that shows a lot of funny ads/vids that are roaming about the marketplace, so since it's friday, and you need a good laugh, go check it out. Oh, also for a good laugh, (though they're trying to be serious) check out Spur-M. (I can't believe i'm actually linking to this site.. well, there goes the last shred of professionalism)

Finally, it's interesting to look at the way marketers and advertisers are handling the world of blogging as a medium. I just saw a couple of sites where a some bloggers, Creative NRG and Bonkey, mentioned how much they like the Omea Reader, so one of our competitors added comments to their site, about his own product. I'm curious to know how bloggers react to seeing this kind of promotion directed at them.

Do comments from marketing/sales guys (and girls) annoy bloggers? Are they just happy to finally have someone looking at their site (and is that why they mention products they're using in the first place?) or is it something else?

[Technorati Tags: Omea Jolt Award Marketing Sales Demo]

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Make Money Home Based Business said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
I want you to stop and compare with my based business home idea list blog.

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home